The Nordic Baltic conference on forest operations - OSCAR 2012
Following in the NSR tradition and the more recent successful meetings in Tartu, Copenhagen and Hannu, we have initiated the process of organising an exciting program of research presentations, networking and an interactive excursion in the Riga region forest management technologies trials.
As you are probably aware, OSCAR2 co-operation has been extended for a second term. This biennial meeting will provide a good opportunity for researchers in forest operations and related disciplines to come together in ensuring that we get the maximum synergy out of it.
Examples of themes to authors submitting abstracts:
- Machine and machine-systems performance analysis,
- Process modelling and control,
- Transport and materials handling,
- Geographical information – modelling and interpretation,
- Ergonomics, the work environment and safety,
- Small scale and urban forestry operations,
- Supply chain management and associated methods & technologies,
- Environmental impacts, Energy and Emissions,
- Entrepreneurs, business process engineering and quality assurance,
- Mechanisation of silvicultural operations,
- Plantation forests and short rotation woody crops,
- Mobilisation of wood resources.
Registration will be open until August 31.
Further information and registration at the conference website.